Properties of the Sitecore context indicate a variety of information, including the current managed site and database accessed, the security context, and the content item requested, including its language and version.
Important static properties of the Sitecore context (the Sitecore.Context class in the Sitecore.Kernell.dll assembly) include the following:
- Database — Sitecore database associated with the current request, or default database for the context site
- Device — Sitecore device associated with the current request, or default device for the context site
- Domain — Sitecore security domain associated with the context site
- Item — Item in the context database requested by the web client (based on the path in the requested URL)
- Items — Keyed collection of values available throughout the HTTP request lifecycle If you add items to this collection, be sure to use keys that Sitecore would never use.
- RawURL — Original URL requested by the web client before any modifi cations by Sitecore
- Site — Managed site associated with the current request
- Authenticated user, or anonymous user in the context security domain